As our program expands, we are seeking exceptional teachers who share our philosophy and commitment to progressive education, developmentally appropriate practice, and community-based learning. Our teachers provide instruction at the Workshop (581 Henry Street). Competitive hourly rates.
Specific areas of expertise:
Elementary, Middle, & High School Public school curricula (Common Core State Standards)
- math, ELA (TC Reading & Writing Project), science
French Dual Language Curricula
- sequential bi-literacy
- teaching math in French
- second language support
- Common Core State Tests
- Private School Admissions: ISEE (all levels)
- High School Admissions: SHSAT, TACHS, HPST
French language instructors
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Assistant Preschool Teacher
Smith Street Workshop Preschool is seeking full and part-time French Immersion Teaching Assistants for our toddler and preschool age classrooms for 2017.
• Implement developmentally appropriate activities and monthly curriculum for age group served.
• Maintain appropriate ratio in class at all times.
• Keep a safe & clean work environment.
• Maintain daily contact with parents and updates on children's development and daily happenings
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to speak French fluently; native fluency preferred.
• For lead teachers: Masters in Education (or working towards completion)
• For Assistant Teachers: Bachelor’s degree
• State Central Registry Clearance, Child abuse training and medical clearance
• Willingness and desire to work with young children, previous experience preferred.
• Willingness to obtain CPR/First Aid within first 60 days of employment
• Legal right to work in the U.S.
• Minimum 12 weeks Paid Time Off
• Employer contribution to Health Insurance if uninsured
Interested Candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Curriculum Coordinator (Brooklyn NY) - Develop and coordinate implementation of curriculum for French language immersion preschool program. Assess and implement curriculum standards, review and recommend textbooks and materials. Implement curriculum, train and mentor teachers. Fluency in French req’d. Please send resume to Ramsey Tutoring LLC d/b/a Smith Street Workshop, 581 Henry Street, Brooklyn, NY 11231.